Current Inservice Website: http://www.nsbsd.org/Page/5954
Last Inservice (October 21) Website: http://www.nsbsd.org/Page/4209
*** This document contains hyperlinked text. If you do not have a digital copy, please see www.nsbsd.org/domain/769
- Opening words (prepared by CO and read at each site at the beginning of the day).
- NGSS presentation RECCOMENDED for elementary teachers (Marilyn will be available in person or via VTC. We will contact sites individually to schedule a time).
- NGSS presentation RECCOMENDED for middle and high school science teachers.
- Implementation feedback presentation RECCOMENDED for all teachers implementing units.
- Implementation section of the website http://www.nsbsd.org/Page/5984
Please refer teachers to the NSBSD website for information about library books that would mesh well with their units.
Live Q and A link/ Digital Parking Lot
*Please note that you must be logged in to Google to submit a question.
Contact List for Unit help
Iñupiaq Ed Dept.
Implementation/ General Questions
New Teachers & Counselors
· Teach Iñupiaq Ed developed Culture-Based Units (CBUs) and Units from the Q1 and Q3 Implementation Maps, if available for content area and grade level.
· Begin Unit Development, Stages 1 and 2 required, Stage 3 optional.
Returning Teachers & Counselors
· Teach Iñupiaq Ed CBUs and Units from the Q1 and Q3 Implementation Maps, if available for content area and grade level.
Choose ONE of the following:
· Use feedback to make changes and enhancements to the previous year’s unit, bringing the unit to *R. Implement the unit.
· Working alone or in small groups, develop a complete unit, and implement a significant portion of the unit.
· Use feedback to make changes and enhancements to an orphan *O unit, bringing the unit to *R. Implement a significant portion of the unit.
Special Education Teachers
· Partner with a regular ed teacher in a class where you support students and co-teach Iñupiaq Ed CBUs and Units from the Q1 and Q3 Implementation Maps.
· Work with teachers developing a new unit, or choose an existing unit and create modifications to make the unit accessible for students receiving SPED services.